Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sketch-a-Day: Week 1

Last week I decided that I needed to draw more. But I'm a very lazy person and that tends to make things difficult. So I thought to myself, If I promise to post a picture a day on Facebook I can harness the power of peer pressure to force me to draw. But that just didn't seem like a promise I would keep. So to make things simpler I've just been posting quick sketches instead. That way I it still forces me to do some sketching everyday, but doesn't mean I have to obsess over them looking perfect. On a similar note, that's why I always sketch in pen. The second I have the option to erase things is the second I'll start to obsess over things looking perfect, which kind of defeats the purpose of sketching.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna try to keep this Sketch-a-Day thing going for a while. You can see them as they arrive every day on Facebook. Or you can just wait until next Sunday when I'll post the week's assembled batch. It's up to you!



1. Half-fish
This is my attempt at mocking an absolutely awful line from the movie Dark Shadows. The real line is terrible and deserves to be mocked by all.



2. Confused Pokemon

I like the idea of a Pokémon being confused in the normal sense of the word. "Now...what am I supposed to do again? Scratch...bubblebeam? Do I know how to bubblebeam?"

I was trying to draw the original Pokémon starters from memory, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what Charmander looked like. In my defence I've never in my life used used a Charmander. #1 Because Charmanders aren't nearly as cool as Squirtles and Bulbasaurs, and #2 Because Charizard sucks. Fire-Flyingin my Poké-pinionis a really shitty type combo.



3. Rebellious Teen Adventure Time
It's Princess Bubblegum and the Earl of Lemongrab! This won't make any sense unless you're a fan of the show Adventure Time. But I am a fan...and I think this joke is brilliant...*toot toot*...that's my horn.



4. Dapper Greg
My friend Max created a character named "Dapper Greg" based on our broworker Greg. I figured I'd take a shot at interpreting the character.



5. Sparrow
I never draw birds. I am not very good at birds. I should probably try to draw more birds.



6. Tina Belcher
Tina is my favorite character on the amazing TV show Bob's Burgers. I should do a legit drawing of her sometime, because she's a fun character to draw.



7. Irresponsible Children
I drew this super quick because I wanted to read instead of draw today. TAKE THAT PRACTICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment