Monday, March 11, 2013

Poetical Shorts

I've been posting a fair number of poems on Facebook recently, so I figured I'd collect some of the shorter ones and post them here for posterity's sake.




Afraid of Everything


I'm afraid of failure
and I also fear of success.
I'm afraid to be too happy,
but I'm afraid to be depressed.

I'm afraid that I'm no good
and I'm afraid that I'm an ass.
I'm afraid of beauty
because I'm afraid that I'm too crass.

I'm afraid of all these things,
and I'm afraid it's true,
that I'm afraid of me
and I'm even more afraid of you.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Staff Selection*


Cider! Cider! amber bright,
Set aglow by fridge's light;
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy scrumptious symmetry?


 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Looping


I'm never going to learn my lesson,
I'm never going to see the end.
I'm just gonna make the same mistakes
again and again

and again

and again.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


So


So you're lovely.
So you're smart.
So you smell nice
and make art.

So you're messy.
So you snore.
So you can't cook
and slam the door.

So you're caring
and well-read.
So you're soft
and great in bed.

So you get sad
and never say.
So you're awkward
and lose your way.

So your laugh
and so your voice.
So your eyes
make me rejoice.

So you're perfect.
So you're not.
And so I love you
quite a lot.




*
Very clearly parodying William Blake's brilliant poem The Tyger here.

1 comment:

  1. So much love for these poems. You have a gift Jesse. : D <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete