Sunday, January 15, 2017

31 Days of Spooky Movies: Life After Beth


Day # 21


Life After Beth
(2014)


When a young man’s girlfriend dies unexpectedly he wishes nothing more than to have her back.

But then she does come back...and it’s not exactly what he had in mind.


Fright Factor:
1 / 5 Smooth Jazz Stations

Gore Factor:
2 / 5  Failed Nature Hikes


Should you watch it?

I really wish I liked this movie. It has some fun actors (Aubrey Plaza, John C. Reilly, and Molly Shannon is particular) and all sorts of potential. But goshdarnit do I ever dislike the main character. I don’t know if it’s the writing or the actor or what, but he is just a big ol’ pill.

There are some funny bits in the movie, but overall it’s a bit of a slog. If you’re in the mood for a Horror-Comedy you could do worse, but you could do a lot better too.



“You don’t want to eat me, do you?”

“Zach! Not right now. Remember?”

“no...I mean really eat me.”

“Stop. Not with my parents around. Come on.”


No comments:

Post a Comment