Saturday, January 29, 2011

Card Zero

I am nothing if not prepared (pause for laughter), so before starting to draw some postcards I decided to create a test card. That way I could be sure that: A) it gets to its destination, and B) it arrives in one piece. At first I was just going to scrawl the word "testing" all over it and then send it on its way. However, after doing that a couple times I decided to make it harder on myself by trying to actually make it look halfway interesting.


Anyways, it made it through the post office and safely to its destination. Well, technically that isn't exactly true; it had a little scratch and a little tear in it, but for the most part it arrived in good condition.

This means that I can now start working my way through this list. Actually I've already started, so we'll see how long it'll take me to get a batch of them sent out. Be warned that I'm currently employed, trying to study for the GRE, about to move, and somewhat lazy. However, I'll try to be as quick as I can.

For all you fashionably late people, I should mention that I'm still taking requests and will be doing so until I explicitly state otherwise. So if you still want a postcard, you can definitely still get one.

Anyways, sorry for the lackluster posting this month. To make it up to you here are some postcards I made as Christmas gifts for my aunt Rosemary.

These two were actually made on different card stock than the kind I'm using for the Extravaganza cards. You might remember it from that Charles Schulz card I made. You might also remember that I hate it and it ruins everything. Luckily my aunt has helped me find an alternative and thus it is because of her that your cards will look much nicer. She has my most sincere thanks for all her help with this project.

3 comments:

  1. Three cheers for Rosemary and for your cards!

    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I L O V E my christmas gift!!!

    ReplyDelete