Friday, January 14, 2011

Postal Extravaganza 2011




      It's that time of year again. Time for another Extravaganza of Postal Proportions!

      In case you don't remember, in 2009 I decided to combat the stagnation of Facebook friendships by offering to send them all a hand written letter. 34 of them, representing 4 different countries and 13 different states, responded and thus 34 people got some sweet, sweet letters. Each with a personalized envelope no less. (The last batch and links to all the rest can be seen here).

      This time I'm switching things up a bit. Instead of letters I'm going with postcards and instead of limiting myself to Facebook I'm opening up the offer to anyone.

      Here's how it'll work, if you would like to get a hand drawn postcard from me then all you have to do is follow these easy steps:

1) Send me an email (excusethequality at gmail) telling me you want one. Make sure to include your name and address/PO Box/whatever, because otherwise I won't know where to send it. If you happen to have a request for your postcard's drawing then you can feel free to include that as well. Otherwise I'll just draw whatever I happen to feel would be suitable.

2) There is no step two.


      And that's it! Just think of the jealously you'll inspire in your household. The sweet, sweet, jealousy.

      Keep in mind I'll be making a different postcard for every recipient...and I'm pretty lazy, so don't be surprised if you have to wait awhile for yours to arrive. I'll be doing them in the order people request them and thus first come, first served. So join in the fun!

1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea! I don't really want to give my address out on the internet, but I still think this is a neat thing for you to do.

    ReplyDelete