Sunday, August 22, 2010

Letter Extravaganza '09: Part 7

And thus we come to the end. After putting it off for a long time I have completed the last couple of letters. I know I had said that I was doing 35 letters, but things change and thus the final count is 34. Which means that I've written about 136 pages of correspondence, drawn 34 different envelope designs, and used about $16.58 in postage.

All in all it was a lot of fun. I'm not sure why I decided to name it "Letter Extravaganza '09" and then start it in November. A really odd choice, I'll admit. But regardless it was pretty fun. Plus it motivated me to make some pretty cool art that I'm quite proud of...also a couple that didn't turn out as I had hoped, but let's not talk about those ones.

Thank you to everyone who wanted a letter, I'm sorry it took so long, you folks are the best!

Thank you to everyone who had some kind words to share regarding the project.

Thank you to the post office for handling all the deliveries and putting up with some really odd envelopes.

And special shout outs to Stacy Brownhill, Hannah Camfield-Bronstein, Kristen Crandell, Mary Davis, and Rianna Robertson for sending me letters back! You ladies are too awesome for words.

In case you want to peruse all the envelopes again, here are the links.
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6

Any favorites?


31.


32.

33.


34.

No comments:

Post a Comment