Monday, January 3, 2011

State of the Blog Address

      Happy New Year to you, dear reader. In case you don't know me, my name is Jesse. I write/draw/make all the stuff round these parts. Being a reader of this blog automatically makes you one of my favorite people. Way to be awesome.

      Anyways, another year has come and gone on this simple blog. At the beginning of 2010 I had a goal to make 100 posts that year. Clearly I was way off. However, since that year was pretty awful and since the posting has been improving in quality, I'm going to chalk it up as win regardless. Actually some of my favorite stuff yet was done that year. We had the conclusion of the Postal Extravaganza envelopes, the Holiday Haiku trilogy, The Breadfruit, Throawae, and a bunch of other stuff I quite enjoyed.

      In other news, Excuse the Quality now has a Facebook page. If you're on Facebook it provides a convenient way to get updated on new posts and other news. For instance, if you were a fan of the Facebook page you would have known there was a Facebook page for it way back in November 2010! If you're not on Facebook then I guess you'll just have to stick with the old fashioned way and just check in every once in awhile. If you have another way you'd like to be informed about updates I'm certainly open to ideas.

But what can you expect for 2011?

  • A new header for the site (that's my current project actually).
  • Another Postal Extravaganza (coming soon!).
  • I plan to reread all the Harry Potter books so expect some posts regarding that undertaking.
  • I'm going to try to update the Yakko's World song so it is up to date with the world's current lineup of countries.
  • A new batch of Holiday Haikus. (did anyone notice that the titles of the last batch create their own haiku? Because they do.)
  • A book list for 2011. One that will actually encompass the entire year this time. Maybe one that's simpler and doesn't take forever to do. Unless you liked its massiveness, in which case I'll just bite the bullet on that one.
  • The usual smatterings of other “creative miscellany”. (I totally just stole that phrase from my cousin. Unlike me she gets paid for her assorted creative endeavors and is therefore...a Professional)

Well, that just about covers everything. I think I'll end this post with another edition of:


“Excuse the Quality”'s
Question Corner

(no one ever asks me questions so I'll once again supply my own)


1. I really like the comics. Why aren't there more of them?

       I'm glad you like the comics. I like them as well. However, comics are something I do when I'm happy. 2010 wasn't a very happy year and thus there were not many comics made in it.

2. Are you going to draw more comics?

       Yes. Probably. I'll try okay? That's the biggest promise I'm willing to make. I will try to draw more comics, because I loves you gals/guys.

3. If, in the future, you were to be arrested, what would the charge most likely be?

       Public urination.

4. How many readers do you have?

       More than enough to cause a disturbance, but not quite enough to stage a riot.

5. How are you doing today?


       I'm cruising the middle grounds of emotion today. I would certainly be doing better if I didn't have a hankering for some Schweppes' Raspberry Ginger Ale. I am beginning to doubt they even sell it anymore because I can't find it anywhere. If I ever do find some more I'm buying a shit ton of it because it is freaking delicious.

6. Do you know the whereabouts of Ms. Victoria Penot?

       Umm...I think that's enough with the questions for today.

7. Where were you last night between the hours of 11:00pm-3:00am?


       I said No more questions!

1 comment: