Saturday, August 22, 2009

For the Love of God, Call Me Back!

*You have -1- new message* *beep*

        "Hey, Jesse, this is your relative. If you could give me a call back at 555-555-5555 I'd really appreciate it. Well...I've got a couple things so if you could call me to let me know that you've gotten my message that'd be great. Umm...well I've got some really old postcards and I was wondering if you wanted them. You could sell them on eBay or something...take the bigger cut. Yeah...if you could call me back? Well yeah, so call me back please."

*beep*

Wow...that might actually be important considering how she stressed the calling her back part.

        "Hey, relative. This is Jesse. You told me to call you back?"
        "Oh yes, hi. I have some antique postcards and was wondering if you wanted them to sell on ebay or something."
        "Well if you give me a bunch of postcards I'm probably just going to send them to people."
        "...I don't think you're understanding me. These are antique postcards."
        "No I got that. I just don't do 'antiques'. Plus I'd have to set up an eBay account and it'd be a big hassle."
        "Oh, okay. I just figured I'd ask. Okay, well I'll talk to you later."
        "Alright. Bye"
        "Bye."

Hmmm...I wonder how much an antique postcard actually costs. eBay...eBay...eBay. Okay, it seems that on the high end they are selling for about $10...and on the low end $0-2. Well I suppose with enough postcards you could net a fair profit from that.

But, I guess it wouldn't be instant profit. I mean I'd have to make an eBay account, figure out how to sell things, catalog an entire box of postcards, and then create a listing for each one. Then once the sales were over I'd have to confirm payment for each one, get all their address, make sure I know which ones are going where, and then mail them all off. Plus is something went wrong in shipping I'd have to deal with that.

So...the profit I'd be making would be...probably less than minimum wage. Yeah. I'd rather just send them to people. It costs me 28c, but they can make someone's day. That seems worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment