Sunday, January 1, 2012

State of the Blog Address (2012)

Happy New Year, everyone.

As is customary for New Year's Day, it is time for my annual State of the Blog address.

2011 is over and it seems that I really didn't post very much at all. I mean only 24 posts? That only averages out to 2/month. In my defense in 2011 I moved twice, got a new job, and quit that new job when I later got a better new job. So now I've got 2 jobs and have to work every day of the week. Kinds of puts a hamper on posting. But really that's no excuse. I could have done more stuff if I had put my mind to it, but I preferred instead the relaxation and escapism of watching movies, reading books, and other such things.

Looking back at last year's SotB address, I didn't really end up completing any of the plans I had back then. I still would like to accomplish some of those things, but they just didn't pan out.

Even though I utterly failed at completing the goals I had last year, that won't stop me from having goals for this year. So what can you expect?

  • First of all I will complete the postcards from last year's Postal Extravaganza. 2011 was just a bad year for drawing. A combination of art supplies packed away in boxes during the moves and a general state of mind that was not conducive to artwork. However, I'm feeling good about this year and if nothing else my guilt will spur me on to completing that project.

  • I'm also going to try and finish up both my Stupid Poems 4 Everyone & Post-It Greetings projects. I'm about halfway done with both, so I might as well try to go the distance.

  • I think I'm going to try to do some comics this year. What kind exactly I'm not sure, but something...definitely something.

  • More posting in general. Sure that's rather vague, but I'm going to try to update a lot more frequently. My goal is going to be at the very least 1 a week.

  • And, of course, another booklist. Even though they take a surprisingly large amount of time to format and write out, I've found I quite like having a record of the things I've read as it is quite easy for such things to slip your mind after a while. Speaking of which I was reading right up until the new year, so 2011's list still has one more part to it. I'll get that out to you as soon as I can. I've still got to transcribe some quotes, let alone actually write the post, so it might take a little while, but it is on its way.

  • Also more Timecard Typography. Because, like the booklist, it's nice to have a record of them. And if I'm going to keep a record of them I might as well share it.

So there you have it.

Let's see how where the year takes us, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment