Monday, May 12, 2008

Minnesota: Bringing Sexy Back


Minnesota!

For those of you who don't know this already Minnesota is fucking awesome. I have yet to visit a place that rivals it. It is an extraordinary combination of nature and urban spaces.

Sadly my predictions for the train trip were off. I did not see any Amish and the only weird people was the guy with the weird accent who worked for Amtrak and kept moving people around and the Southern army guy. I giggle to myself every time I hear someone refer to Northern people as "Yankees". There was a bunch of weird Southerners at Kansai Gaidai and they are just the weirdest people. Waving their confederate flags and still talking about the war. Let it go people. Seriously. The Civil War ended 143 years ago. It is just plain silly.

It is nice to be off that train. 36 hours is a long time to be stuck on a train. Especially when the seats aren't very comfortable, even if you can spread across two of them. Still a lot more roomy than on an airplane though.

And my new laptop battery was here waiting for me! I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but the battery for my laptop suddenly died for no reason. Luckily, thanks to Max, I was able to get another one for free.

Looks like I'm almost out of these little drawings. I'd better get to work on something else. In the very near future I'll be looking into buying a scanner so that will solve a lot of my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment