Friday, May 16, 2008

No More


And it seems this post will mark the last of my old Facebook art. Now I'll have to think of something else to use until I look more into the purchase of a scanner. I guess I could do some stuff on the computer, but I really don't like doing things that way. I'm trying to learn how to draw stuff right the first time, so I don't much care for the idea of using a computer program as a crutch. I can see how it would be a useful tool, but I don't want to be the type of person that can only create with a digital instrument.

I also need to start brainstorming places to look for a job. Because I'll be my own worst enemy if I'm not given tasks to occupy my time and force feed social interaction into my life. Most things I can think of require previous experience of some kind or another. Like...a coffee shop for example. There are tons of those around. Too bad I actively dislike coffee and don't give a shit as to the differences between different kinds. How about hard labor? When asked to do this I always feel like an idiot, because I never seem to know what most people do. My brain is hardwired differently.
"Hey fasten these plugs to the baseboards."
"Ha, what if you could fasten things to bass...like the sound? So some car would be thumping and it would be carrying off the dude's stuff on accident."
"...Just get to work."
"Uh...yeah, about that. A baseboard is what exactly?"

Too bad I can't shelve books or something. Monotonous jobs are kind of fun because they let me space out and think about whatever weird shit comes into my head. Monotonous in the sense of addressing envelopes or putting books in the right order...not like monotonously scrubbing feces or something.

And on that note I'll call this post sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment